Top 5 Debut Novels for 2017

Top 5 Debut Reads
  1. Rose Blood by A.G. Howard  I haven’t read the original Phantom of the Opera novel, but I loved the musical.  The story was beautiful and tragic reminding me of Beauty and the Beast except with a sad ending, the “Beast” not getting the girl.  Once I heard this was a Phantom retelling it was on my radar and after I intend to read the original Phantom novel.  This novel out now, but I’m waiting until it comes out in paperback, because its cheaper.
  2. Caraval by Stephanie Garber.  I heard this was similar to The Night Circus, which I loved and will reread, and that got my attention.  I love the whimsical atmosphere of the circus.  Also it’s about two sisters and I can relate to that, so I love reading stories about sisterly bonds. This is due out January 31st 2017
  3. The Beast is an Animal by Peternelle Van Arsdale.  This is sounds very much like a Fairytales plot.  I love fairytale plots that are closer to our the original fairytales are, very dark.  This is due out on March 7th, 2017 
  4. Geekerella by Ashley Posten.  This sounds like a fun read and protagonists sounds like someone I could relate to.  I also like retellings of fairytales. This is due out April 4th, 2017 
  5. The Blood Rose Rebellion by Rosalyn Eves.  I think the idea of a plot where a character without magic, but is part of a family that uses magic is a really interesting concept.  I have a soft spot for stories about a female protagonists is an outcast even amongst her family members.  This is due out March 28th, 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beginnings of Sarah J. Maas Collection

Top 5 Wednesday: Freebie

Top 5 Polarizing Books