Top 5 Wednesday: Current Favorites that Aren't Books

This topic is about your favorite things (*Sings* These are a few of my favorite things) that aren't books.  Top 5 Wednesday was created by Ginger Reads Lainey and is now hosted by Sam on Thoughts on Tomes.  Here's the link to the Goodreads group:  https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/118368-top-5-wednesday

1. My favorite activity to do other than reading is writing.  Writing has been a favorite hobby of mine since fifth grade when I came up with this detective story, but I never finished it.  The papers I wrote it on are nowhere to be found, but I remember the one scene that I came up with to start the book.  Since then I have been thinking up evolving stories, including Fanfiction, which I didn't realize I was thinking about even in middle school but didn't know what it was.

2.  My two favorite Broadway shows are Wicked and Les Miserables.  I didn't like the book Les Miserables, but the songs in the musical give me tingles hearing them whether it's on stage or on the screen.  As for Wicked, just the opening number gives me emotional feels, and I have seen it twice.  Any take on the Oz storyline is awesome.  I love almost all the songs in both musicals. memorized  I don't know if I would be brave enough, but if this was a Youtube video I would have sung some for you guys.

3. My two favorite songs from before I was born are Billy Joel's Piano Man, and Don McLean's  Bye Bye Miss American Pie.  The music of Piano Man is very beautiful and I love the story it tells, but I don't know the words that well.  Bye Bye Miss America Pie is song I share with my dad.  Again I love the message and it reminds me of Train's Drops of Jupiter with it's metaphor's and symbolism.  I can sing the first couple versus but not very well.  My sister and dad are the singers in the family.

4. Youtube is my favorite website, because I love watching clips from shows and movies.  Youtubers also create music videos with clips from screen adaptations that I love watching.  There is also Booktube. I can't always get the book discussions that I would with the people in my life.  I may not have a Youtube account, but I love listening to Booktubers.

5.  The Magicians has become my favorite fantasy series.  It has some light hearted aspects, but it's more of a darker, satirical look at the epic fantasy.  I want to read the books and I have been warned that it might be better to get all the books, so I can read them altogether.   I'm hoping that the television series will help me with reading the books.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beginnings of Sarah J. Maas Collection

Top 5 Wednesday: Freebie

Top 5 Polarizing Books