Top 5 Wednesday: Fantasy and Science Fiction You Want to Read ASAP

Top 5 Fantasy and Science Fiction Books I Want to Read ASAP
I should take out the word science fiction, because all of these will be fantasy, but this is a list of 5 of books from those genre’s you want to read immediately.  Top 5 Wednesday was originally created by Ginger Reads Lainey and is now hosted by Sam from Thoughts on Tomes.  Here is the Goodreads group if you want to participate:
1.   Heartless by Marissa Meyer.  I really loved her Lunar Chronicles series and I love retellings, especially of stories like Alice in Wonderland and Wizard of Oz.  I have been wanting to get this book for a long time, but since it’s hardback and I don’t have the money I’m waiting to get it.  I also have a soft spot for retellings where they are origin stories are about villains, though I do get annoyed when it’s used as a way to excuse the villain’s actions. *Cough*Regina Mills*Cough*.
2.   A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas.  I’m saving this for next month, my birthday month, but it is very difficult since I watch Booktubers, who constantly talk about how this one is so much better than the first.  I loved the first one, but because I have been slightly spoiled it hurts my fangirl to know ACOTAR is a BATB retelling, and that’s my favorite Fairytale/Disney movie.  I’m sure I don’t have to explain why.
3.   The Black Prism by Brent Weeks.  I had heard about this book from Peruse Projects on Booktube and from how she described it’s right up my alley.  I had just ordered from Barnes & Noble and have been eager to read it, but like ACOMAF I’m waiting a little bit before I jump on it.
4.   The rest of the Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo.  I just read the first, and ordered the last one yesterday.  I’m also eager to get two Six of Crows, but I am told that it’s a good idea to read this trilogy first.  I enjoyed the first book and can’t wait to read the other two books as well.
5.   Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas.  This is the fourth book in the Throne of Glass series.  I’m really enjoying this series, though I am sad that my ship is dead, but I am still eager to continue.  The characters as individuals are really cool and fun to read about.  I’m eager to continue Celaena, Chaol, and Dorian’s story.


Sorry this was so late, but I forgot today was Wednesday.  I had a lot of stuff on my mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beginnings of Sarah J. Maas Collection

Top 5 Wednesday: Freebie

Top 5 Polarizing Books