Another Top 5

Auto-Buy Science Fiction/Fantasy Authors
1.     Sarah J. Maas.  I love the Faery worlds she creates and her world building is amazing.  She creates great characters too and ones you’re not supposed to like are interesting too.  I don’t remember if Throne of Glass or A Court of Thorns and Roses came first.  I want to read Catwoman as well.
2.    Victoria/V.E. Schwab.  I’ve just started getting into this author, but she’s slowly becoming an Auto-buy author.  I love her writing style.  I hope to get This Savage Song soon.  A Darker Shade of Magic was the first one I read of hers and then Vicious.  I haven’t read her YA yet, but I want too.
3.    Marissa Meyer.  Just like Mrs. Schwab Meyer is still a bit new to me, but she’s also becoming an auto-buy author.  The Lunar Chronicles was the first of her books I fell for, and then I read Heartless.  I put Wires and Nerves graphic novel on my Birthday list, and I still need to get Renegades as well.
4.    Stephen King.  He mostly writes horror, but he does write supernatural/fantasy quite a bit as well.  Horror at times has supernatural and other worldly elements.  There’s only one that I’m not as interested and that’s Cell, but I don’t know if there’s any other, so maybe it doesn’t count.  I have already the first 3 books in The Dark Tower series, IT, Salam’s Lot, Carrie,

5.    Cassandra Clare.  Like SJM, Clare’s writing isn’t perfect, but to me SYFY and Fantasy is supposed to be fun, not necessarily intellectually challenging, though it can be.  I’ve been reading her since The Mortal Instruments.  I did denote my copies of the first two series to the used bookstore, but I still plan to continue with Clare’s Shadowhunter world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beginnings of Sarah J. Maas Collection

Top 5 Wednesday: Freebie

Top 5 Polarizing Books