A Sad Realization

  I love Harry Potter, I enjoyed Twilight, and Mortal Instruments as well as its spin-off Infernal Devices were awesome.  Unfortunately, once you grow as a reader and join the fandom world, the sad reality hits you:  these series have flaws and people love to criticize them.  I know most would find this stupid and silly for me to feel frustrated by, but the fact is I have very opinionated friends and I am a very insecure person, who does have a problem with letting others influence me. 
   When someone thoroughly and strongly shares their opinions I question my own opinions.  Yes, I know ignore them and don't let others influence me, but shockingly enough, its not easy for me to do so on a social network.  Social networks aren't just for socializing there also a place where you can share without coming face to face with anyone.  It's a place where your opinion is there for all to see and you can drill it in people's heads without the fear of them walking away. Maybe I'm wrong, but sometimes I feel people use it as an excuse to get you to think like them about something.
   If I like something that people constantly criticize I feel a need to defend my opinion and what's being criticized, but all I get in return is you should accept other people's opinions.  The problem isn't that I don't accept them, but that they are they harsh. 
    For example, people always say that  "So and so is still a better love story then Twilight." I get it you hate Twilight, but its done, its over.  Stephanie Meyer finished the books, is very well off, and the movies are out.  No matter how much you complain about the vampires sparkling, the writing not being good, the bad story and characters, and acting in the movie it won't go away.  Move on.  Now, okay fine, I said myself that I have no interest in Life and Death, and maybe she's just trying to get more money off the money-maker, but  I won't be talking about it  constantly.                                              
      I could never be a critic that's for sure, and the only option I have is to ignore the negative opinions.  I should be use to this by considering what I went through (still am at times) with OUAT.  That is a Pandora's box of problems that I won't open right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beginnings of Sarah J. Maas Collection

Top 5 Wednesday: Freebie

Top 5 Polarizing Books