Becoming a Better Reader

   I have recently come to the unfortunate conclusion that I watch more than read, and to me this is shameful.  Not that screen adaptations are bad, sometimes they're better, but I feel that for someone who claims to be an avid reader I don't really fully take in what I am reading.  Even with Harry Potter I feel guilty for not being able to remember details, and why the books are so much more than the movies.  People keep saying that in Cursed Child the characters are written to behave more like the movie versions, especially Ron, and if hadn't reread the books recently, I wouldn't be able to fairly say if I agree or disagree.
    So, to solve my dilemma I have started making TBR (To be Read) lists, including a separate one for classics.  I think this should help.  I have also been watching Booktuber videos, which are really cool for book/Lit nerds like me.  Of course, it doesn't help that we're in a sort of limbo with our move, and most of my books are in storage in Pinehurst!  I am frustrated with this, but I'm kind of stuck.  :(
    I also am trying to buddy read classics with my three besties, but I can't start this until October, because once again books are in storage.  I'm debating about getting cheap paperbacks of some Jane Austen and Charles Dickens, because they are easier to carry around and manage.  I'll probably wait until we set me up with Ark, which my mom say's might also help me get a job, but not sure how long that will take.


TBR (July-November)


·      1Q84


·      The Lake House


·      Dragonfly in Amber


·      North and South


·      Relic Master Part 1


·      Gone Girl


·      Memoirs of a Geisha


·     Biography John Adams


·      The Other Boleyn Girl


·      Reread Left Behind


·      Reread Jane Eyre


·      Emma


·      The Amber Spyglass


·      Yellow Brick War


·      Throne of Glass(possibly)


·      The Count of Monte Cristo


·      Treasure Island


·      Get in Trouble


·      Stranger Things Happen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beginnings of Sarah J. Maas Collection

Top 5 Wednesday: Freebie

Top 5 Polarizing Books