Moving

This isn't about being a fangirl, but this is about what is going on in my personal life.  My parents and I (I have disabilities that make it a necessity for me to live with  my parents and not on my own.) are trying to mom to North Carolina, but two of our buyers had to back out at the last minute do to unforeseen circumstances.  I don't want to be disappointed for a third time, but I don't want to get my hopes either, because if we are disappointed again I don't know if I can handle it.  I have been waiting for this move ever since my parents said it was to going to happen.  I hate where I live and I have lived here my whole life.  I a need change. I need to be in an environment that's medium paced but still walkable, and I need to live in a state where people are nice to each other.  Also where we are moving the weather is perfect!  It still can get cold, but its mostly warm and hot.  I can't stand being cold and I concentrate even less, because I'm trying to get warm.

I wanted to go over the process of moving and to explain why the moving of all those boxes isn't the hardest part.  Alright, physically, yes, but physical pain goes away, emotional not so much.

 --First, you have the "Anticipation Period" That is when you are  getting rid of the unnecessary clutter, because you need the bear minimum of stuff, so  buyers can imagine themselves in it.   You spend months waiting having to rush out of your house, so that buyers can come in to look and you have to keep constantly clean.  Then comes the contract, which means they are buying your house, but first they have to have someone come out and inspect your house.  If they didn't back out and all inspections are done then they give you until a certain date to pack up and leaveUnfortunately, there's the possibility they might have to back out for some reason, or they have crazy demands during the inspection stage.  Silly little requests that they keep making.  This to me is the worse than the physical move, because it takes an emotional toll on you and you can't be emotional.  It adds stress on everyone having to make the whole completely clean and having to leave when your house is being inspected or a buyer wants to look at it for an hour or two.  You mentally prepare yourself and then the buyer has to back is such a disappointment.

--Second, you have the "Transition Period" Let's not forget you have to find the perfect house, which is never easy, because you're never going to get everything.  The house might have everything inside the house, but the location isn't ideal, or to get your ideal house and location you have to give more money than you originally intended to pay. The Property Brothers on HGTV are good at getting that point across.  Once you finally are on the way to the new house, that's when you have to move the boxes and figure out where to place things, which can be a job in itself.  Then there's the part where you must adjust to your new place that leads into the last period.....

--The "Adjustment Period" The period where you must get used to your place and environment.  If its just moving from your old house to another house in the same area you don't have to do much adjusting.  You just have to get used to this new house and new physical location, but you probably know the area outside your neighborhood pretty  well.  It's when you are moving to a new state, like I am, that this truly comes into play.  First, its a completely different environment.  Different types of people with different attitudes, new weather to get used to (depends ), new house, and new places to visit for shopping for both necessity and pleasure.  This is the period where you realize: "I'm no longer in the place I'm familiar with!"  and you'll have mixed feelings happiness and sadness, of course, this depends on how you feel personally about the move.  This is why I would also call it the "Realization Period".  To be fair, I haven't experienced this period, so I can't really say if this is truly accurate. 

Like I said, to me the "Anticipation Period" is the worse, but the other two have some problems too and can be difficult in different ways.  "Anticipation" and  "The Adjustment Period" can have similar emotion impacts from what I know and can tell, but everyone's feelings and experiences are different.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beginnings of Sarah J. Maas Collection

Top 5 Wednesday: Freebie

Top 5 Polarizing Books