Why I Love Kate Morton

   I am doing two blogs tonight, because I want to post one that is a little more positive then the other one.  As you can tell by the title, this blog is going to be about one of my favorite authors, Kate Morton.   This one will be shorter than the other blogs.
   Mrs. Morton is the author of The Secret Keeper, The House at Riverton (The Shifting Fog), The Forgotten Garden, The Distant Hours, and The Lake House, which is my current read.  All her books have a little bit of mystery from the past to solve, not like Sherlock Holmes style, but something tragic happened in the past and in the present, a character has to figure it out to help herself and heal the past.  They're also usually historical reads and I just love history, not that I will read a textbook for fun, but learning about the past through a person's story is always an exciting thing to explore. 
   Mrs. Morton's style and pros are so beautiful and fluid, and easy to read.  You have no problem picturing the scenes as they play out in the story, though I have been having a hard picturing certain characters as old ladies.  I know they are old ladies in the present, but I still picture them as much younger, but that is just me, not a criticism on her writing at all.  I could get lost in her books and she is one of the few authors that writes stand-alones that I will read.  Autobuy!!!  I hope she'll continue to write more books and I will be constantly checking her website for that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beginnings of Sarah J. Maas Collection

Top 5 Wednesday: Freebie

Top 5 Polarizing Books