Top 5 Wednesday: Nostalgic Love Interests

Top 5 Nostalgic Book Boyfriends
1.     Jace from The Mortal Instruments by Casandra Clare.  I was totally team Clace when I first got a hold of The Mortal Instruments and I thought Jace was so sexy, but as I have gotten older I have realized Jace has a lot of character flaws I couldn’t deal with.  Simon Lewis is more my type, but I loved the broody guy, still do.  I think, because I have always been a sucker for stories where a girl has influenced a bad boy to change.
2.     I was so team Edward Cullen over Jacob, who in my mind was too immature.  I was like a lot of young readers and went through the Vampire phase.  Again, as I got older I realized Edward isn’t that great, and actually Jake isn’t either.  Both are controlling and possessive of Bella, of course Bella isn’t that great of a heroine either.
3.     Harry Potter from Harry Potter.  When I first read this series, I had a crush on Harry, but it was probably partly, because he was the main character.  I felt so bad for him, though I still do, but I have come to realize I like Ron more.    In all honesty, I think part of the reason I declare my “love” for Harry, is because I felt obligated too.  He was the main character and my age.
4.     When I was sixteen and read Jane Eyre, I fell for Rochester, and he’s still on my list.  Though, I have to come to discover his choicest in the story bring the character down on my list, but I still hold him in my heart.

5.     I wish I could include characters like Ned Nickerson, I think that’s his name, from Nancy Drew, or one of the male characters from other childhood chapter books I might have read, but I can’t remember, so this last crush is going to be from a movie.  Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas.  The character doesn’t even have any skin, so it’s obviously not about looks, but personality.  He was charismatic and a lovable leader, and I would perform Jack’s lament while watching the movie.  For scenes like him climbing up the mountain or in graveyard, I would stand on a chair, but I can’t say I had a better voice than Jack.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beginnings of Sarah J. Maas Collection

Top 5 Wednesday: Freebie

Top 5 Polarizing Books