Top 5 Wednesday: Top 5 Books Before Booktube

Top 5 Books I read Before Booktube
1.     The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer.  I love this series, but I no longer have it, because I gave it to one of my best friends.  I’m very picky about reading science fiction, basically I don’t read it that often especially if its heavy with the science, but this fairytale retelling series with a Syfy spin was rather fun.  It retells the stories of Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Rapunzel, and Snow White.  Cinderella is half a Cyborg, Rapunzel is a computer tech genius, Snow White is crazy, and Red Riding is a feisty teenage girl.  The evil queen isn’t just vain, but she can create an illusion of beauty and control the minds of others.  The author, like many who write retellings, gives the characters and the plot a 3 dimensional and more complex approach.  This series is full of adventure, humor, and romance a perfect combination for me or anyone to enjoy.
2.     Harry Potter series.  I know there is an unspoken rule to try to avoid bringing up HP, but like a lot of Booktubers I grew up with this series.  This was my first fantasy series that I got serious about and became a fangirl.  Like most I fell in love with the series and I admit it’s not perfectly written, but if books were perfectly written we wouldn’t have anything to complain about.  The idea of learning that your boring and sometimes miserable life is not your real life, and that you’re actually a wizard is such an appealing form of escape.  All the stuff Harry gets to do, with exception of being chosen to take down Voldemort, is so cool.  Harry Potter was my first real adventure, so I’ll have a place in my heart for Harry Potter.
3.     Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell is one of my favorite classics and Scarlett O’Hara is one of my favorite heroines.  She’s a bitch and brat, but she is so fun to read about.  She’s a survivor.
4.     TMI and TID by Cassandra Clare.  I read these books long before I discovered Booktube, but I admit I have only read both series once.  I did start to read TMI for a second time, but I think I got sidetracked and never finished them.  Again, these two series weren’t perfect, they have flaws, but I enjoyed them when I read them, because again they offered escapism.

5.     IT by Stephen King.  This was my first horror novel and I have loved it ever since.  Funny thing is I hate clowns, but I hated them before I discovered this book.  King is an writer, especially of characters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beginnings of Sarah J. Maas Collection

Top 5 Wednesday: Freebie

Top 5 Polarizing Books