T5W

Top 5 Ideal Mashups in a Book
Most of these will be fantasy combined with something.
1.    This is not two specific books, but specific genres: Historical Fiction and Fantasy.  I love both these genres and the idea of mixing them.  Now, I’m not talking about medieval fantasy, but a fantasy story set in some decade in 20th century or 18th or 19th century history.  Like Magic during the American Revolution.
2.    Western and Fantasy.  I think this would be a fun combination.  Like incorporating fantasy in book set during 18th or 19th it would be unusual and a unique and would be fascinating to see how the world would be effected if magic had existed back then.
3.    Magical realism and hard-hitting issues.  I think this is a brilliant way to teach people about important societal issues.  It will make easier to understand it and puts less pressure on someone to consider our societal issues.
4.    Historical fiction that mixes fact and fiction.  It teaches me about famous historical figures and events, and inspires me to research the real facts about it to find what the book got right and wrong.
5.    Historical Thrillers.  I would rather read a thriller set in a historical time period.  Its more interesting to me.  I haven’t gotten to it yet, but I want to read Stalking Jack the Ripper for this reason.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beginnings of Sarah J. Maas Collection

Top 5 Wednesday: Freebie

Top 5 Polarizing Books